Application deadlines

We are pleased to see that you have chosen to study at the Hochschule Bremen!

The application period for most degree programmes is as follows :

  • Winter semester: 1 June – 15 July
  • Summer semester: 15 December – 15 January

To find out which degree programmes start in the winter or summer semester, please go to the page of the programme you are interested in.

Different application dates apply for the International Graduate Center.

You’re not yet quite sure which degree programme is right for you? Are you perhaps also wondering what the difference is between a university of applied sciences and a university – or what it means to study on a cooperative programme? We’ll be happy to give you some orientation on such things.

Application for a Bachelor's degree

First semester

  • For the winter semester

If you have a German higher education entrance qualification and meet the admission requirements, you should first register in the portal and then apply in CampInO.

Please note:
If you have already been enrolled at a German university in the course of study for which you wish to apply, or if you can be placed in a higher subject-related semester on the basis of creditable academic achievements, you can only apply as an advanced student. In this case, admission as a first-year student is not possible according to the study place allocation regulations.

  • For the summer semester

If you have a German higher education entrance qualification and meet the admission requirements, apply in CampInO.

  • Cooperative degree programmes

If you have already concluded a contract for training or study with a cooperation partner of the HSB, you can submit your application in CampInO.

Application for a Master’s degree

Consecutive Master’s programmes

If you have a German Bachelor’s degree and meet the admission requirements for the programme you are applying for, you can submit your application in CampingO.

MBA and Master's programmes at the International Graduate Center

Please, apply directly to the International Graduate Center (IGC)  and register in CampInO after you have been admitted and paid the deposit.

For international applicants for the Master Electronics Engineering (MScEE), a special pre-selection procedure precedes the application process.

International applicants

The Hochschule Bremen participates in the preliminary review documentation (German: Vorprüfungsdokumentation VPD) procedure organised by uni-assist.

If your higher education entrance qualification was acquired abroad and you meet the admission requirements as well as the language qualifications, you first apply for the Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) at before applying directly to the HSB in CampInO with the VPD.

International applications at the International Graduate Center

If you choose to study in a master's programme at the International Gradaute Center, you don't apply via uni-assist. Instead, you apply directly via the IGC's online application portal.

Applying for an advanced semester – advanced students

You can apply to CampInO with a German higher education entrance qualification if you meet the admission requirements of the degree programme and you can provide evidence of 18 transferable ECTS credits.

If you were previously a student of the same degree programme at HSB, you must apply as an advanced student.

Transfer and recognition of learning outcomes

You have already studied at another university or in another subject? Have you completed vocational training or gained experience in other contexts that fit in with your studies?

It is quite possible that you already possess knowledge and skills that can be recognised as equivalent learning outcomes of a module in the subject you wish to study.

Equivalent learning outcomes

Pursuant to the Bremen University Act, the Examination Regulations of the Hochschule Bremen, and the European Credit Transfer System ECTS it is possible to apply for recognition of equivalent course work and examinations undertaken at other universities.

Coursework and examination achievements are considered to be equivalent if they approximate in content, scope and requirements to those of the corresponding degree programme at the university you are applying for.

The examination board decides on the recognition of previously completed coursework and examination achievements after the necessary documents have been submitted and the subject representatives have been heard. The recognition procedure begins after enrolment at the Hochschule Bremen has taken place.

If you have been removed from the student register at a university or university of applied sciences due to irrevocably failing a last attempt at an examination, you can no longer study the same or a related degree programme.


Further study options

Further information