Hochschule Bremen - University of Applied Sciences

Hochschule Bremen


Depending on which country you’re from, you might need a visa to enter and study in Germany. Applicants from EU countries or countries with which the same agreement has been made do not require a visa for entry into Germany. Please enquire at the German diplomatic mission in your home country about the regulations that apply in your case. You will also receive information about which documents must be attached to your application. In some countries, the visa application must be accompanied by documentation of health insurance coverage. You will also need proof of financial resources.

Apply for your visa as soon as possible. The process can take a long time.

Make sure you apply for a student visa. A simple tourist visa is not sufficient.

You can find more information on the application procedure here:

Upon arrival in Bremen all students must register at the BürgerServiceCenter as residents of Bremen.

Students from outside the European Union must then apply for a residence permit at the office for foreigners branch located on the university campus:

BSU Bremen Service Universität
D-28359 Bremen
(Uni Bremen Zentralbereich, Pavillon Ebene 0)

If you don’t live in Bremen, please refer to your local registration office or office for foreigners.

Find us on Facebook
If you have any more questions contact us via e-mail:
You can also find a list of all advisory services at HSB here:
IGC MBA & Master Programs


Access Keys: