Hochschule Bremen - University of Applied Sciences

Hochschule Bremen


To study at the University of Applied Sciences Bremen you can download the application form and fill it in.

Application Form University of Applied Sciences Bremen


Proof of Proficiency in English for International Exchange Students

International exchange students intending to take classes/modules taught in English will need to provide evidence that they have sufficient competence in English as part of their application. Sufficient proficiency in English can be proven by supplying internationally accepted test scores, certificates, or other evidence of adequate language competence.

Students will meet the English language proficiency requirement by providing one (1) of the following English language test scores, certificates or statements of confirmation on language level: 

1.  IELTS (International English Language Test Service) 
     minimum score 5.5 

2.  TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)  
     minimum score:
     · Paper-based: 530
     · Computer-based: 197
     · Internet-based (iBT): 71 

3.  University of Cambridge – one (1) of these certificates:
      · First Certificate in English – at least grade B, or
      · Certificate in Advanced English – at least grade C, or
      · Certificate of Proficiency in English – at least grade C

4.  UNIcert level II 

5. Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
    minimum score 85 

6.  B2 competence level certificate/confirmation from a recognized University
     language center or a language instructor from your home institution based
     on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)  

7.  Evidence that:
    ·  Your native (first) language is English
    ·  You completed your secondary school education with English as the
       language of instruction
    ·  You have spent at least one year studying or working in an English-
       speaking country within the last three years.

Deutsche Version


Access Keys: